Pregnancy is an extraordinary period in the life of a woman but this joyful event has its side effects too; nausea being one if them. It is ue to the multitude of changes that keep happening inside the body thanks to the changing hormones like progesterone, estrogen, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin etc.
Nausea during pregnancy is considered favorable and a good sign because it shows that the baby is getting high levels of nourishment and growth. Nausea begins to fade away as the mother nears her 12th week when the responsibility of nourishing the baby is taken by the placenta. In such conditions, if your body is tired or stressed out it will lead to increased nausea.
Excessive vomiting due to nausea can lead to dehydration which can severely affect the mother and the baby. Therefore it is advisable to be alert and treat the nausea symptoms with certain homemade remedies in order to be safe. Try the following methods to relieve your feeling of nausea when pregnant:
- Small meals- When you are pregnant, it is important to take proper nutrition because your body shares it with your baby. Keep having smaller meals throughout the day so that your stomach is never empty. This will help in keeping the nausea symptoms away. Have protein rich food.
- Be active- After having a meal rich in fats or carbohydrates, consider engaging yourself in some kind of activity like walking. This would help in the digestion process and won’t make you feel sick. Avoid lying down immediately after a meal.
- Fatty food- Avoid eating food loaded with fats or spices and even acidic food as they will tend to trigger your nausea.
- Brushing- After every meal, make an effort to brush your teeth and rinse your mouth.
- Fluids- Keep your body hydrated by consuming water throughout the day. If the frequency of your vomits is increasing day by day consider consuming fluids rich in glucose or electrolytes. Sports drinks are best for this.
- Go out- After your meals, go take a walk outside to get some fresh air. This would relieve your nausea.
- Ginger tea- Ginger is excellent for stomach upset and therefore having ginger tea in the evenings is a good option. It would refresh you and also help in controlling your vomiting sessions.
- Aromatherapy- Apply mint or lemon oil to a cotton ball and smell it each time you get nauseas. The scent is helpful for some women as it wards of their uneasiness.
- Acupressure- Consult your doctor and ask for an acupressure expert who can help you identify the correct pressure points located at the underside of your wrist.
Pregnancy is a crucial time in the life of any women. The feeling cannot be replaced by any other emotion. Don’t let constant interruptions of stomach easiness to get in the way of your special moments with the baby inside you. Implement the home remedies in order to keep yourself active and fresh throughout your pregnancy period.