Waxing is a regular part of the beauty regimen for most women. It helps you get rid of unwanted body hair leaving your skin soft and supple. A common side effect which people especially with sensitive skin experience is the breakout of pimples on the waxed area. The main reason behind such pimples are the ingrown hair which get trapped under the skin thus getting inflamed or painful.
It is therefore advisable to take precautionary measures in order to save your skin from these inflamed pimples. Exfoliation before waxing is a good way to get rid of dead skin cells which minimize the breakout of the pimples as it would remove all dirt and oil. Restraint is another important thing. Don’t touch your skin repeatedly as it could lead to accumulation of more pimple causing bacteria. Also a prewax cleanser would help in reducing inflammation. Preferably, use a tea tree based wax as it has antiseptic properties.
However if you still get these pimple breakouts, then consider using the following remedies:
- Cleansing– Once done with waxing, you need to cleanse your skin one more time. Apply witch hazel or any other element that has antiseptic properties. Use a cotton ball for cleansing.
- Avoid touching your skin– After waxing, try not to touch your skin repeatedly as it could cause more oil and dirt to enter your skin pores as the skin becomes more susceptible to foreign elements after the removal of hair follicles.
- Exfoliate– It is the best method to get rid of any ingrown hair which is the principal cause of wax-based pimples. Also, regular exfoliation won’t do harm to your skin but would keep it clean.
- Avoid pedicures and saunas- Try and stay away from pedicure for some days.
- Avoid hot water bath– Hot water would irritate your skin therefore avoid having a hot water shower or hot water bath for at least two days after your waxing. If you still want to have it then use lukewarm water or cold water.
- Don’t undertake sweat induced activities– After waxing, avoid any activity that could lead you to sweat. Exercise or too much of physical exertion should be avoided.
- Wear loose clothes– Tight and fully covered clothes would interfere with the healing process of your skin. Let your skin breathe and wear loose comfortable clothes.
- Do not squeeze the pimples- Avoid squeezing or popping the pimples as it would cause the bacteria to spread to other areas of the skin.
- Rub lavender oil– Use 2-3 drops of lavender oil and rub it on your waxed skin. It will hydrate your skin making it feel fresh.
- Warm compress– Applying a warm compress to the waxed skin would open the pores thus removing the bacteria out of the skin.
Follow these methods every time you experience pimples after waxing. However if you find your pimples abnormal or too big in size, then consult your dermatologist immediately.